What drives you bananas?
These days I find myself grimacing and grinding my teeth over the darndest thing. Here is a list of things that make me want to rip my eyeballs out.
- Smacking - I inherited this from my mom who didn’t even like us chewing gum. It’s gross. Food should be enjoyed quietly. With wine.
- Facebook couples – Let me be clear. I don’t mean if you are in a relationship, but if you actually share an account and indicate it in your profile name like, ‘Jane and Bob Smith’. I mean, you can still be married and have separate profiles. I don’t get this.
- Cheesy tag lines on reality shows – it’s like, yeah Chris Harrison, we know it’s the final rose. You don’t need to interrupt and tell us that after we’ve seen 234,545 rose ceremonies.
- Grocery shopping on Sunday – apparently I’ve never gotten the memo, but our local store seems to have everyone and all their relatives shopping on Sunday afternoons. I think it’s the free samples. This makes running in for the essentials (hummus, cheese, triscuits, cereal and wine) a real challenge.
- Visible dirt / cat hair / dust – I’m a clean freak and living with a 27 year-old male and 3 year old overweight male cat does not always make for the most clean environment. Yesterday I found a cat hair in my cereal. NOT OKAY. It’s not uncommon to catch me running around the apt with a dust buster or vacuum – sometimes both at once.
Thanks for letting me vent. What are your peeves?
Monday, July 26, 2010
Posted by Sarah Chenault