Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Brooke Shield’s Home in AD

Back from the dead (or lack of blogging), I came across these lovely images of Brooke Shield’s  NYC town home on Architectural Digest.  It’s quite feminine and a bit quirky with painted portraits of her daughters in crowns hung on the wall and a French Empire commode on the mantel. And though I can never imagine using a heart as the most eye-catching accessory of a room, I’m quite drawn to it’s sweetness sitting between her two daughters.  Maybe it’s just good timing with Valentine’s day around the corner…What do you think of Brooke’s home?

I think the pink, grey and neutral colors make a lovely combination…

image

A bright, modern kitchen with kitschy art work

image

Lovely wallpapered dining area with lucite lamps and a bold chandy

image

Yes, this bath will work.

image

all images via Architectural Digest

2 comments:

  1. Yay... glad you're back! I like it... but I agree: the heart over the mantle seems a little out of place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks LL - love reading your blog - such a nice escape from real life!

    ReplyDelete