Friday, December 31, 2010

Embracing Change in 2011…

Embrace Change.  This is my goal and mantra for 2011.  I don’t know quite what the near term future holds for us at this point, but I’m historically really bad at handling any type of change – which is kind of ironic, considering my career has been built around Change  Management.   It’s so much easier to help others embrace change than doing it yourself.

The thing is – it’s so easy to get comfortable.  And comfortable seems like a good thing, right?  Lee and I will have a better idea of our near future plans in March, and until then,  I guess we just have to let it be.

My other resolutions/goals for 2011 include:

  • Cook (more) – Thanks Top Chef All Stars, you have inspired me to be all I can be in the kitchen.  I plan on making lots of soups and healthy (but delicious) dishes.
  • Relax – this seems silly and a bit gluttonous coming off a week a half of vacation, but I don’t mean literally relax – like watching TV while eating bon bons.  I mean letting go of things that are not in my control, being less critical and letting the dishes sit in the sink for one night (after they’ve been rinsed of course.)
  • See family more – It is rare when all of our family can get together.  Last night my dad reminded me it was the first time, my brother, husband and parents were together in several months.   Even when we do get together, it seems there are other distractions, and the time just flies.  Nothing is more important to me than family, and I hope we can be together more in 2011.

image

Image by Charlotte Rutherford

Do you have a mantra or resolutions for 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment