Monday, October 4, 2010

Evolution of a Man Wall.

So, as I mentioned previously I sort of made Lee’s anny gift this year. I wanted to convert our extra bedroom into a man cave, but seeing as the floral Pottery Barn duvet, white wicker furn and outdated tv weren’t going anywhere, I settled on a part of the room, specifically the wall. Lee is a lover of maps, so I thought I’d make him “man wall” with vintage maps and some sentimental (yet manly) items like the Chenault family crest and a picture of General Chennault’s flying tigers from WWII.

It’s funny, the blogosphere has opened a brand new creative world to me, and I love design, but the execution part is still quite the challenge, so I enlisted the help of my talented and creative friend, Kristin.

Here are a couple of pictures from the night. Overall I’m very pleased with the turn out and looking for a few more “man things” e.g., Vintage globe, more maps, etc. to fill out the room.

First two maps up. We are impressed with ourselves.

Man Wall 004

Kristin working away while I was probably sipping my wine :)

Man Wall 005

Work in progress. Sorry about aggressive flash.

Man Wall 006

Hammer time.

Man Wall 007

Voila!

Man Wall 009

Whew. That was hard.

4 comments:

  1. Love the Man Wall! I'm so impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed with you! It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture of me "eyeing" where the map of Russia should go.

    Thanks for the wine and the fun craftiness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! Does Lee love it??

    ReplyDelete