Monday, October 17, 2011

An Ode to Pumpkin…

For the first time I can remember, I’m actually experiencing a legit Fall – like leaves are already yellow/you have to wear a coat in October/camping sounds fun – Fall.  It’s also left me craving, comfort food like never before (perhaps the body’s way of preparing for the winter?)  Butternut squash, sweet potatoes, apples and anything with cinnamon or pumpkin sounds amazing.  Pumpkin mousse – Yes! Scallops with Pumpkin risotto – why not?  I stumbled upon this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars recipe on Pinterest the other day that left me drooling… Doesn’t it look amazing?  It’s definitely going on the Thanksgiving dessert list.

If you love pumpkin too, check out this hilarious essay – an Open Letter to Pumpkin Flavored Seasonal Treats - describing a woman’s love/hate relationship with the seasonal flavor and it’s tendency to disappear without warning.

image  image

via

image

via

No comments:

Post a Comment