Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tuesday Tales

Wowza.  I’m in a silly/delirious mood I believe to be caused by the lack of sleep and over consumption of caffeine and sugar today.  Here is a glimpse into the the glamorous life of someone who travels for work if you’ve ever wondered:

  • 3:45 AM – Alarm goes off.  Snooze for 5 minutes.
  • 3:50 AM – Alarm goes off again – feels like cruel joke.  Throw covers (and Kitty) off, stumble to bathroom and scare myself in the mirror.  Make mental note to pick up heavier concealer.
  • 4:00 AM – Receive text from cabbie that he is waiting downstairs.  Consider making smart alec remark back.  Resist.
  • 4:05 AM – Arrive downstairs to meet the cabbie and wonder briefly if I should text family/hubs cab number in case I get abducted (Disclaimer: I have experienced nothing but super nice cabbies in the Chicago area – I just want too much SVU)
  • 5:00 AM – Arrive at airport – share sympathetic glances with fellow passengers. Wonder why I’m there so early – could have slept for another 20 minutes!?!
  • 5:50 AM – Board flight.  Pray I don’t drop suitcase on other passengers’ heads while stowing luggage.  Make mental note to do upper body work outs.
  • 6:10 AM – Depart Midway Airport – fall asleep
  • 6:45 AM – Realize I’ve been sleeping with mouth wide open – embarrassed, but too tired to care. Fall back asleep.
  • 9:30 AM – Arrive to work.  Realize I’ve been awake for almost 6 hours and have accomplished nothing productive except getting from Point A to Point B.   Le sigh…

On a fun note – isn’t this Houston weather fantastic!  Makes me want to dress like this instead of my “Airport Casual” outfit which I’m pretty sure is going to be a weekly staple.

Hope you’re having a good start to your week! 

image

4 comments:

  1. Such a funny post, Sarah! My mom and I thought you looked great last night, btw. Rethink that heavy concealer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah! It's your "cousin-ish," Jess. I drop by your blog every once in a while to see what you're up to. I might have missed a bit though--are you living in Chicago now???
    Ps. I can really relate to the ol' early morning travel woes. Very funny post. Glad (or horrified?) to know I'm not alone.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jess! How are you?! To answer your question, we relocated to Evanston (just north of Chicago) so Lee can attend Business School at Kellogg. I've been doing some traveling for work which is new for me, and it definitely takes getting used to.

    Where are you traveling these days? Are you still in SF? And a belated Congrats on your marriage!!

    xo,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! What an exciting adventure for you guys! Actually, we moved to Richmond, VA a couple months before we got married for a job for me. Pretty random place, but it's been good for the time being. I travel quite a bit for work too and it can become a major pain in the A! I just want to see my bedroom floor without a half unpacked suitcase laying on it :)

    ReplyDelete