Wowza. I’m in a silly/delirious mood I believe to be caused by the lack of sleep and over consumption of caffeine and sugar today. Here is a glimpse into the the glamorous life of someone who travels for work if you’ve ever wondered:
- 3:45 AM – Alarm goes off. Snooze for 5 minutes.
- 3:50 AM – Alarm goes off again – feels like cruel joke. Throw covers (and Kitty) off, stumble to bathroom and scare myself in the mirror. Make mental note to pick up heavier concealer.
- 4:00 AM – Receive text from cabbie that he is waiting downstairs. Consider making smart alec remark back. Resist.
- 4:05 AM – Arrive downstairs to meet the cabbie and wonder briefly if I should text family/hubs cab number in case I get abducted (Disclaimer: I have experienced nothing but super nice cabbies in the Chicago area – I just want too much SVU)
- 5:00 AM – Arrive at airport – share sympathetic glances with fellow passengers. Wonder why I’m there so early – could have slept for another 20 minutes!?!
- 5:50 AM – Board flight. Pray I don’t drop suitcase on other passengers’ heads while stowing luggage. Make mental note to do upper body work outs.
- 6:10 AM – Depart Midway Airport – fall asleep
- 6:45 AM – Realize I’ve been sleeping with mouth wide open – embarrassed, but too tired to care. Fall back asleep.
- 9:30 AM – Arrive to work. Realize I’ve been awake for almost 6 hours and have accomplished nothing productive except getting from Point A to Point B. Le sigh…
On a fun note – isn’t this Houston weather fantastic! Makes me want to dress like this instead of my “Airport Casual” outfit which I’m pretty sure is going to be a weekly staple.
Hope you’re having a good start to your week!