Thursday, July 21, 2011

French Style Icons

In honor of Bastille Day (a week ago, I know) the Huffington Post posted a slideshow of 17  very fashionable and stylish French women.  I don’t know what it is about French women in general,  but they have a very specific intrigue, style and unique beauty.  When I studied abroad in Paris  in the summer of 2004, I was amazed at how many women wore heels everyday with the amount of walking required.  Also, the women seemed to smoke like chimneys but had flawless skin.  What gives? 

I think I would like to come back in my next life as a French woman.

Here are some of the French style icons that made the cut.

image image

image image

image image

From top left

1) Coco Chanel 2) Jane Birkin 3) Catherine Denevue 4) Brigitte Bardot 5) Anna Karina 6) Marion Cotillard,

All images via

No comments:

Post a Comment