Thursday, May 13, 2010

I'll have a latte and a pet session.

Oh wow... Please go visit this blog post immediately by Sea of Shoes. Apparently they are opening Cat Cafes in Japan - no really. Bsically you walk in, order a drink, and chill with the felines. In fact, you can draw them. In a book. I'm a HUGE animal lover - especially cats; but this seems very odd to me...

Here is what the v. talented blogger says...

"Somehow while searching for restaurants to check out I stumbled upon a list of Tokyo's 'cat cafes'. Here 1000 yen will buy an hour's worth of petting with the cafe's kitties. Since 2008 more than a dozen of these cat cafes have opened in Tokyo. Some of these cafes have as many as twenty five cats on staff. One of these cafes stays open until 5:30 AM. I felt that our trip would not be complete without paying a visit to one of the cat cafes....so yesterday my mom, her friend Beth, my friend Ronnie, and I went to go meet the kitties of the Chamamo Cat Room in Harajuku. As per cat cafe protocol, we removed our shoes, washed and sanitized our hands, and paid for our session. Cat toys are provided to play with. You may not wake up sleeping kitties, by the way. The atmosphere of the cat room was extremely hushed and peaceful."

No comments:

Post a Comment