Sunday, February 7, 2010

Staycation

Finally! A weekend in Houston that we could take full advantage of...The weather was beautiful on Saturday, and Lee didn't have to work for the first time in what seems like a year. I deemed it "my day," since I got to plan out the deets. We ate at the adorable and delicious Tiny Boxwood's, where they never fail to please and offered a delicious lunch punch - which is basically champagne, sugar, strawberries and blueberries. Um, yum.

After lunch, and a trip to HEB - the first time I think we've ever gone to the grocery store together!, we drove around the Heights and Garden Oaks. I love exploring different neighborhoods in Houston - especially ones that have character, and the homes are not mass produced. We ended the home viewing venture with drinks at Onion Creek and a rousing game of Tribond, with May and Ed. May is amazing, and beat us all very badly.

After mini game night, the night ended on a high note. Kari's birthday/Mardi Gras themed party at Amy, Mere and Megan's place was an awesome time as always catching up with friends that I've known for 20+ years. As fun as the party was, I don't think it left me in great shape for the ballet/pilates/yoga course I had at 11:00 this morning. Oh well- so worth it!!

Despite, the bad rap Houston occasionally gets, I love our big, overweight, concrete city!

No comments:

Post a Comment