Sunday, January 31, 2010
Here are some things, I'm loving right now: James Twiggy Denim Leggings
French Country Design - done beautifully at this amazing blog
Idea of planning a trip somewhere warm and beautiful...
Scottish Folds - they are so adorable. I'm thinking about having Kitty's ears stapled back. J/K...
and lastly, I'm craving anything with butternut squash...Giada is one of my favorite chef's and this butternut squash lasagna looks delish.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
I have to thank my dear friend, Meagan (and one of my very few blog readers ;)), for introducing me to three of my favorite websites. They are incredibly different and special in their own way. I don’t make daily visits (thanks to work) but I try to stop by weekly and always leave satisfied…If you are sick of browsing the same Facebook, Twitter and news sites – check these out.
· icanhascheezburger.com – cutest website ever! Find hilarious pics of cats and dogs with captions written – sound cheesy? Give it a shot. IF you don’t LOL, I wil be surprised.
· www.perezhilton.com – Perez is a celebrity blogger with a love/hate relationship for most stars. He’s also snarky and has a penchant for drawing gross pics. I love him for his extreme bluntness, infrequent but occasional signs of compassion and quickness in reporting breaking pop culture news…if only he’d stop drawing the stick figures....
· seaofshoes.typepad.com/ - this site is incredible. It features a young woman and her love for high fashion, art and photography. She has made quite a name for herself through the blog and will be designing for Urban Outfitters in the near future. She’s also been featured in Vogue and several other fashion publications.
The picture is of Meagan and I before we went to the hottes/sweatiest dinner ever at the Oasiss in Austin over the 4th of July.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Here is another picture of some of the ladies all dressed up. We had a great time dancing and catching up. Around 1:30, the night ended kind of abruptly for me when a 4 inch stilleto went into the middle of my foot. I didn't really feel too much like dancing after that. =)
I'm not great at keeping New Year's resolutions, but here are a couple I hope to keep in 2010:
- Feed Kitty less - we went to the vet today, and he weighs 20% more than he should...The vet said she was "very concerned" about this. I felt like such a bad cat-mother!
- Take advantage of Houston more - we have such great museums and art exhibits - if we're ever here for an entire weekend (and Lee doesn't have to work,) I want to do a full Houston Tour starting with the zoo!
- Learn a new skill - I'm thinking something crafty like refinishing furniture. Lately I've been reading a bunch of DIY home decor blogs, and it's been inspirational.
- Read more and watch less "E" channel ...this one is going to be really hard...
- Take a crazy trip - maybe Croatia?!?
- Volunteer...Lee and I have been wanting to do this for awhile... any suggestions where??
and lastly, make 2010 a year to remember! Best of luck and many well wishes in 2010!